When you’re looking for experienced Dollymount tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Dollymount. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Dollymount Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Dollymount and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Dollymount.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Dollymount, Tree Cutting Dollymount and Tree Removal Dollymount
- Stump Grinding Dollymount and Stump Removal Dollymount
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Dollymount and Hedge Trimming Dollymount
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Dollymount and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Dollymount and Management
- Tree Pollarding Dollymount
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Dollymount
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Dollymount.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given however extreme weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and try to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the kind of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for prospective threats that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to avoid damage and make certain trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn devices: don; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with a professional. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Dollymount (Irish: Cnocán Doirinne), often known as “Dollyer” to Dubliners, is a coastal suburban area on the north coast of Dublin Bay, within Clontarf, on the northside of Dublin, Ireland, just east of Saint Anne’s Park.