When you’re looking for experienced Dolphin’s Barn tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Dolphin’s Barn. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Dolphin’s Barn Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Dolphin’s Barn and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Dolphin’s Barn.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Dolphin’s Barn, Tree Cutting Dolphin’s Barn and Tree Removal Dolphin’s Barn
- Stump Grinding Dolphin’s Barn and Stump Removal Dolphin’s Barn
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Dolphin’s Barn and Hedge Trimming Dolphin’s Barn
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Dolphin’s Barn and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Dolphin’s Barn and Management
- Tree Pollarding Dolphin’s Barn
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Dolphin’s Barn
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Dolphin’s Barn.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered given however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to take care of and their specific requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for possible dangers that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and make sure trees show up in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard devices: don; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local climate, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Dolphin’s Barn (Irish: An Carnán, meaning “the (small) cairn or mound”) is an inner city suburb of Dublin, Ireland, situated on the Southside of the city in the Dublin 8, and partially in the Dublin 12, postal district.