When you’re looking for experienced Terenure tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Terenure. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Terenure Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Terenure and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Terenure.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Terenure, Tree Cutting Terenure and Tree Removal Terenure
- Stump Grinding Terenure and Stump Removal Terenure
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Terenure and Hedge Trimming Terenure
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Terenure and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Terenure and Management
- Tree Pollarding Terenure
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Terenure
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Terenure.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for approved but extreme weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to take care of and their specific needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for potential risks that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the exact same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get laced.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get yard equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local climate, you may need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also eliminate low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Terenure (Irish: Tír an Iúir, meaning “land of the yew tree”), originally called Roundtown, is a mainly residential suburb of Dublin, Ireland.