When you’re looking for experienced Rathnew tree removal, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Rathnew. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Rathnew Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Rathnew and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree removal that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Rathnew.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Rathnew, Tree Cutting Rathnew and Tree Removal Rathnew
- Stump Grinding Rathnew and Stump Removal Rathnew
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Rathnew and Hedge Trimming Rathnew
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Rathnew and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Rathnew and Management
- Tree Pollarding Rathnew
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Rathnew
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree removal consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Rathnew.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree removal services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for given but intense weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to take care of and their specific requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for possible threats that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees are visible in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the very same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn devices: don; t get lawn equipment near to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees typically flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. However, depending upon your regional environment, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Rathnew (Irish: Ráth Naoi, meaning “The Ring Fort of Naoi”) is a village in County Wicklow, Ireland. Located south of the capital Dublin along the M11 between Dublin and Wexford, it is close to the county town of Wicklow, which is situated 3 km (1.9 mi) to the east.