When you’re looking for experienced Sandyford tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Sandyford. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Sandyford Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Sandyford and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Sandyford.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Sandyford, Tree Cutting Sandyford and Tree Removal Sandyford
- Stump Grinding Sandyford and Stump Removal Sandyford
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Sandyford and Hedge Trimming Sandyford
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Sandyford and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Sandyford and Management
- Tree Pollarding Sandyford
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Sandyford
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Sandyford.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for approved but intense weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to care for and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for potential dangers that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard equipment: don; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees normally prosper well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any extra watering. However, depending upon your local climate, you might need to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with a professional. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Sandyford (Irish: Áth an Ghainimh) is a suburb of Dublin, located in Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, Ireland.
Sandyford Business District makes up much of the suburb and encompasses Sandyford Industrial Estate. It is the location for a number of multinational financial services and technology companies including Google, Facebook, Microsoft and AIB.