When you’re looking for experienced Adamstown tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Adamstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Adamstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Adamstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Adamstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Adamstown, Tree Cutting Adamstown and Tree Removal Adamstown
- Stump Grinding Adamstown and Stump Removal Adamstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Adamstown and Hedge Trimming Adamstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Adamstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Adamstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Adamstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Adamstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Adamstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered given but intense weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you want to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re unsure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for potential dangers that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the very same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees usually prosper well in existing moisture conditions and do not require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional environment, you might need to water your trees throughout extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise get rid of low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Adamstown is a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, located 6 kilometres (4 mi) from Newcastle’s central business district. It is part of the City of Newcastle local government area.