When you’re looking for experienced Kilternan tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Kilternan. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Kilternan Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Kilternan and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Kilternan.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Kilternan, Tree Cutting Kilternan and Tree Removal Kilternan
- Stump Grinding Kilternan and Stump Removal Kilternan
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Kilternan and Hedge Trimming Kilternan
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Kilternan and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Kilternan and Management
- Tree Pollarding Kilternan
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Kilternan
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Kilternan.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered approved but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential dangers that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees show up during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get laced.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get lawn equipment near the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional environment, you may have to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ an expert. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also get rid of low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Kilternan (Irish: Cill Tiarnáin, meaning “Church of Tiarnán”), also known as Kiltiernan, is a village in Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, in the foothills of the Wicklow Mountains south of Dublin, Ireland, near the border with County Wicklow.