When you’re looking for experienced Donabate tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Donabate. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Donabate Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Donabate and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Donabate.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Donabate, Tree Cutting Donabate and Tree Removal Donabate
- Stump Grinding Donabate and Stump Removal Donabate
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Donabate and Hedge Trimming Donabate
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Donabate and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Donabate and Management
- Tree Pollarding Donabate
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Donabate
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Donabate.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for granted however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re unsure about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for possible risks that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Yard devices: wear; t get lawn devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees normally flourish well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any additional watering. However, depending upon your local environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always work with an expert. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make certain your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Donabate (Irish: Domhnach Bat) is a small coastal town in Fingal, Ireland, about 20 kilometres (12 miles) north-northeast of Dublin. The town is on a peninsula on Ireland’s east coast, between the Rogerstown Estuary to the north and Broadmeadow Estuary to the south. Donabate is a civil parish in the ancient barony of Nethercross.