When you’re looking for experienced Blessington tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Blessington. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Blessington Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Blessington and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Blessington.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Blessington, Tree Cutting Blessington and Tree Removal Blessington
- Stump Grinding Blessington and Stump Removal Blessington
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Blessington and Hedge Trimming Blessington
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Blessington and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Blessington and Management
- Tree Pollarding Blessington
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Blessington
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Blessington.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered granted however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and try to prevent diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for potential dangers that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees show up at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get entwined.
- Yard devices: put on; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local climate, you may need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Blessington, historically known as Ballycomeen (Irish: Baile Coimín, meaning “town of Comyn”, from the Irish surname Ó Coimín), is a town on the River Liffey in Wicklow, Ireland, near the border with Kildare. It is around 25 km south-west of Dublin, and is situated on the N81 road, which connects Dublin to Tullow.