When you’re looking for experienced Allen tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Allen. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Allen Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Allen and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Allen.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Allen, Tree Cutting Allen and Tree Removal Allen
- Stump Grinding Allen and Stump Removal Allen
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Allen and Hedge Trimming Allen
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Allen and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Allen and Management
- Tree Pollarding Allen
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Allen
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Allen.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for given but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re uncertain about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential dangers that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees are visible in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get yard equipment close to the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally thrive well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional climate, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire a professional. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover: