When you’re looking for experienced Dollymount tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Dollymount. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Dollymount Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Dollymount and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Dollymount.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Dollymount, Tree Cutting Dollymount and Tree Removal Dollymount
- Stump Grinding Dollymount and Stump Removal Dollymount
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Dollymount and Hedge Trimming Dollymount
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Dollymount and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Dollymount and Management
- Tree Pollarding Dollymount
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Dollymount
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Dollymount.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for granted however extreme weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re uncertain about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for possible dangers that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and make sure trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get yard equipment near to the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Dollymount (Irish: Cnocán Doirinne), often known as “Dollyer” to Dubliners, is a coastal suburban area on the north coast of Dublin Bay, within Clontarf, on the northside of Dublin, Ireland, just east of Saint Anne’s Park.