When you’re looking for experienced Drumree tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Drumree. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Drumree Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Drumree and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Drumree.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Drumree, Tree Cutting Drumree and Tree Removal Drumree
- Stump Grinding Drumree and Stump Removal Drumree
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Drumree and Hedge Trimming Drumree
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Drumree and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Drumree and Management
- Tree Pollarding Drumree
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Drumree
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Drumree.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for given however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to look after and their specific requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for possible threats that might harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent damage and make certain trees show up during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Yard devices: don; t get lawn equipment near to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically thrive well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending on your regional environment, you might have to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Drumree (Irish: Droim an Rí, meaning “Hill of the King”) is a settled area in south County Meath, Ireland, south of Dunsany and approximately 26 kilometres (16 mi) from Dublin city centre. The next nearest settlement was the hamlet at Dunsany Cross Roads.
Lord Dunsany lived at Dunsany Castle to the north for much of his life, and Drumree Railway Station was his local station.