When you’re looking for experienced Citywest tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Citywest. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Citywest Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Citywest and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Citywest.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Citywest, Tree Cutting Citywest and Tree Removal Citywest
- Stump Grinding Citywest and Stump Removal Citywest
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Citywest and Hedge Trimming Citywest
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Citywest and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Citywest and Management
- Tree Pollarding Citywest
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Citywest
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Citywest.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered given but intense weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to look after and their specific needs. If you’re unsure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for possible dangers that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent damage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get braided.
- Yard equipment: don; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees usually prosper well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local environment, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Citywest (Irish: Iarthar na Cathrach) is a suburban development on the southwestern periphery of Dublin, originally developed as a “business campus.” It contains a large hotel and golf course, a shopping centre and an expanding residential element Citywest is situated in the southwest of the traditional County Dublin, in the jurisdiction of South Dublin County Council; the nearest major suburban centre is Tallaght, while the semi-suburban village of Saggart is adjacent.