When you’re looking for experienced Coolboy tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Coolboy. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Coolboy Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Coolboy and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Coolboy.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Coolboy, Tree Cutting Coolboy and Tree Removal Coolboy
- Stump Grinding Coolboy and Stump Removal Coolboy
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Coolboy and Hedge Trimming Coolboy
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Coolboy and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Coolboy and Management
- Tree Pollarding Coolboy
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Coolboy
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Coolboy.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given but intense weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to care for and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and make sure trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn devices: wear; t get lawn devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally flourish well in existing moisture conditions and do not require any additional watering. However, depending on your regional environment, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also get rid of low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Coolboy (Irish: Cúl Buí) is a village in County Wicklow in Ireland. It is located between Tinahely and Carnew, nestled in the middle of Holts Way, close to the scenic location of the Kilcavan Gap.