When you’re looking for experienced Robertstown tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Robertstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Robertstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Robertstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Robertstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Robertstown, Tree Cutting Robertstown and Tree Removal Robertstown
- Stump Grinding Robertstown and Stump Removal Robertstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Robertstown and Hedge Trimming Robertstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Robertstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Robertstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Robertstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Robertstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Robertstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered given but extreme weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to take care of and their specific requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for potential risks that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and make sure trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Yard equipment: don; t get lawn devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees normally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Robertstown (Irish: Baile Riobaird) is a village situated on the banks of the Grand Canal in County Kildare, Ireland. It grew in importance on the arrival of the canal, at the highest level (85 metres (279 ft) above sea level) of which it lies, in 1784.