When you’re looking for experienced Carnaross tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Carnaross. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Carnaross Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Carnaross and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Carnaross.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Carnaross, Tree Cutting Carnaross and Tree Removal Carnaross
- Stump Grinding Carnaross and Stump Removal Carnaross
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Carnaross and Hedge Trimming Carnaross
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Carnaross and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Carnaross and Management
- Tree Pollarding Carnaross
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Carnaross
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Carnaross.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for given but intense weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent illness or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential risks that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make certain trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the exact same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard devices: put on; t get lawn devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any extra watering. However, depending upon your regional climate, you might have to water your trees throughout extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Carnaross or Carnaros (Irish: Carn na Ros) is a village in County Meath, Ireland, approximately 4 km northwest of Kells on the R147 road between Kells and Virginia, County Cavan.