When you’re looking for experienced Prosperous tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Prosperous. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Prosperous Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Prosperous and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Prosperous.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Prosperous, Tree Cutting Prosperous and Tree Removal Prosperous
- Stump Grinding Prosperous and Stump Removal Prosperous
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Prosperous and Hedge Trimming Prosperous
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Prosperous and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Prosperous and Management
- Tree Pollarding Prosperous
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Prosperous
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Prosperous.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for granted however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid illness or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to care for and their particular requirements. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for potential threats that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees show up at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally grow well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending upon your regional environment, you may need to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire a professional. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Prosperous (Irish: An Chorrchoill, meaning “the smooth forest”) is a town in north County Kildare, Ireland. It is within the townland of Curryhills, at the junction of the R403 and R408 regional roads, about 40 km (25 mi) from Dublin. Its 2016 population was 2,333, making it the 14th largest town in County Kildare.