When you’re looking for experienced Saggart tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Saggart. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Saggart Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Saggart and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Saggart.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Saggart, Tree Cutting Saggart and Tree Removal Saggart
- Stump Grinding Saggart and Stump Removal Saggart
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Saggart and Hedge Trimming Saggart
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Saggart and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Saggart and Management
- Tree Pollarding Saggart
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Saggart
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Saggart.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered approved but extreme weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn more about the trees you wish to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for prospective threats that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees show up at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the exact same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get lawn equipment near to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional environment, you might have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Saggart (Irish: Teach Sagard) is a village in South Dublin, Ireland, south west of Dublin city. It lies between the N7 (Naas Road), Rathcoole, Citywest and Tallaght. It is one of the fastest growing settlements in Ireland, showing a population increase of 46.1% between 2011 and 2016.