When you’re looking for experienced Batterstown tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Batterstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Batterstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Batterstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Batterstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Batterstown, Tree Cutting Batterstown and Tree Removal Batterstown
- Stump Grinding Batterstown and Stump Removal Batterstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Batterstown and Hedge Trimming Batterstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Batterstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Batterstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Batterstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Batterstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Batterstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for granted but intense weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to take care of and their specific requirements. If you’re unsure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential threats that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees generally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and do not need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local environment, you might have to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ an expert. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Batterstown (Irish: Baile an Bhóthair, meaning “town of the road”) is a small rural village in the townland of Rathregan (Ráth Riagáin), County Meath, Ireland. It is about 23 km (14 mi) northwest of Dublin, on the R154 regional road. It hosts a yearly cycling race. There are approximately forty houses in Batterstown. The population of Batterstown is approximately 150 people.