When you’re looking for experienced Booterstown tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Booterstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Booterstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Booterstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Booterstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Booterstown, Tree Cutting Booterstown and Tree Removal Booterstown
- Stump Grinding Booterstown and Stump Removal Booterstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Booterstown and Hedge Trimming Booterstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Booterstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Booterstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Booterstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Booterstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Booterstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given however intense weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to care for and their particular needs. If you’re not sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Particular level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for prospective dangers that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent damage and ensure trees show up during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, ensure these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn devices: don; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you might have to water your trees throughout extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ an expert. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Booterstown (Irish: Baile an Bhóthair, meaning “town of the road”) is a coastal suburb of the city of Dublin in Ireland. It is also a townland and civil parish in the modern county of Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown. It is situated about 7 km (4.3 mi) south of Dublin city centre.