When you’re looking for experienced Mount Merrion tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Mount Merrion. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Mount Merrion Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Mount Merrion and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Mount Merrion.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Mount Merrion, Tree Cutting Mount Merrion and Tree Removal Mount Merrion
- Stump Grinding Mount Merrion and Stump Removal Mount Merrion
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Mount Merrion and Hedge Trimming Mount Merrion
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Mount Merrion and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Mount Merrion and Management
- Tree Pollarding Mount Merrion
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Mount Merrion
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Mount Merrion.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for granted but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re uncertain about the kind of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for prospective dangers that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid damage and ensure trees show up in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard devices: wear; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally grow well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local climate, you might need to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Mount Merrion (Irish: Cnoc Mhuirfean) is an affluent suburban area of Dublin, Ireland. It is roughly 7 kilometres (5 mi) south of Dublin city centre and is situated on and around the hill of the same name.