When you’re looking for experienced Rathfarnham tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Rathfarnham. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Rathfarnham Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Rathfarnham and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Rathfarnham.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Rathfarnham, Tree Cutting Rathfarnham and Tree Removal Rathfarnham
- Stump Grinding Rathfarnham and Stump Removal Rathfarnham
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Rathfarnham and Hedge Trimming Rathfarnham
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Rathfarnham and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Rathfarnham and Management
- Tree Pollarding Rathfarnham
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Rathfarnham
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Rathfarnham.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered granted however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid diseases or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to look after and their specific requirements. If you’re uncertain about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for possible dangers that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid damage and make certain trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically thrive well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any extra watering. However, depending upon your regional climate, you might need to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Rathfarnham (Irish: Ráth Fearnáin, meaning “Fearnán’s ringfort”) is a Southside suburb of Dublin, Ireland. It is south of Terenure, east of Templeogue, and is in the postal districts of Dublin 14 and 16. It is within the administrative areas of both Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown County Council and South Dublin County Council.