When you’re looking for experienced Ballivor tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Ballivor. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Ballivor Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Ballivor and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Ballivor.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Ballivor, Tree Cutting Ballivor and Tree Removal Ballivor
- Stump Grinding Ballivor and Stump Removal Ballivor
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Ballivor and Hedge Trimming Ballivor
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Ballivor and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Ballivor and Management
- Tree Pollarding Ballivor
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Ballivor
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Ballivor.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered granted but intense weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and aim to avoid illness or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to look after and their specific requirements. If you’re unsure about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for potential threats that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and ensure trees show up at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get laced.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees usually prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any additional watering. However, depending upon your local environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Ballivor (Irish: Baile Íomhair, meaning “the town of Íomhar”)
(pronounced:Bal-Eye-Ver) is a village in County Meath, Ireland. It had a population of 1,809 at the 2016 census. It is located on the R156 regional road between the towns of Mullingar and Trim.