When you’re looking for experienced Rathfarnham tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Rathfarnham. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Rathfarnham Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Rathfarnham and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Rathfarnham.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Rathfarnham, Tree Cutting Rathfarnham and Tree Removal Rathfarnham
- Stump Grinding Rathfarnham and Stump Removal Rathfarnham
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Rathfarnham and Hedge Trimming Rathfarnham
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Rathfarnham and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Rathfarnham and Management
- Tree Pollarding Rathfarnham
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Rathfarnham
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Rathfarnham.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent illness or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for potential risks that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees show up at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the exact same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Lawn devices: wear; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees usually prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise get rid of low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Rathfarnham (Irish: Ráth Fearnáin, meaning “Fearnán’s ringfort”) is a Southside suburb of Dublin, Ireland. It is south of Terenure, east of Templeogue, and is in the postal districts of Dublin 14 and 16. It is within the administrative areas of both Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown County Council and South Dublin County Council.