When you’re looking for experienced Bellewstown tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Bellewstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Bellewstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Bellewstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Bellewstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Bellewstown, Tree Cutting Bellewstown and Tree Removal Bellewstown
- Stump Grinding Bellewstown and Stump Removal Bellewstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Bellewstown and Hedge Trimming Bellewstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Bellewstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Bellewstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Bellewstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Bellewstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Bellewstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for given however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to care for and their specific needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for prospective threats that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and make certain trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn equipment: don; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally flourish well in existing moisture conditions and do not need any extra watering. However, depending upon your regional environment, you might need to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also get rid of low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Bellewstown (Irish: Baile an Bheileogaigh) is a village located 8 km south of Drogheda, on the Hill of Crockafotha in County Meath in Ireland.