When you’re looking for experienced Killester tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Killester. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Killester Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Killester and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Killester.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Killester, Tree Cutting Killester and Tree Removal Killester
- Stump Grinding Killester and Stump Removal Killester
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Killester and Hedge Trimming Killester
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Killester and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Killester and Management
- Tree Pollarding Killester
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Killester
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Killester.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for given however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to take care of and their particular requirements. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid damage and make certain trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the very same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard equipment: don; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally thrive well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you may need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make sure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Killester (Irish: Cill Easra) is a small, largely residential, suburb of Dublin, Ireland on the Northside of the city.
Killester is also a civil parish in the ancient barony of Coolock.