When you’re looking for experienced Ballitore tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Ballitore. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Ballitore Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Ballitore and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Ballitore.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Ballitore, Tree Cutting Ballitore and Tree Removal Ballitore
- Stump Grinding Ballitore and Stump Removal Ballitore
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Ballitore and Hedge Trimming Ballitore
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Ballitore and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Ballitore and Management
- Tree Pollarding Ballitore
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Ballitore
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Ballitore.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to take care of and their specific needs. If you’re unsure about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for potential dangers that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees show up in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn equipment: don; t get yard equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees usually flourish well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any extra watering. However, depending upon your regional climate, you may need to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire a professional. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Ballitore (Irish: Béal Átha an Tuair) is a village in County Kildare, Ireland, sometimes spelt Ballytore. It is noted for its historical Quaker associations.