When you’re looking for experienced Kilskeer tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Kilskeer. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Kilskeer Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Kilskeer and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Kilskeer.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Kilskeer, Tree Cutting Kilskeer and Tree Removal Kilskeer
- Stump Grinding Kilskeer and Stump Removal Kilskeer
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Kilskeer and Hedge Trimming Kilskeer
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Kilskeer and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Kilskeer and Management
- Tree Pollarding Kilskeer
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Kilskeer
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Kilskeer.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for given however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid diseases or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to care for and their specific needs. If you’re not sure about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for potential threats that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard equipment: don; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending on your regional environment, you might need to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire a professional. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Kilskeer or Kilskyre is a townland and small village in County Meath, Ireland, 10 kilometres (6 miles) southwest of the town of Kells.
It is the birthplace of Brian O’Higgins, the revolutionary and poet who was president of Sinn Féin in the 1930s. Jim Connell, the political activist and writer of the socialist anthem “The Red Flag”, was born in the nearby townland of Rathniska.