When you’re looking for experienced Garristown tree removal, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Garristown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Garristown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Garristown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree removal that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Garristown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Garristown, Tree Cutting Garristown and Tree Removal Garristown
- Stump Grinding Garristown and Stump Removal Garristown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Garristown and Hedge Trimming Garristown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Garristown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Garristown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Garristown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Garristown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree removal consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Garristown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree removal services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered granted but extreme weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and try to prevent illness or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to care for and their specific needs. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for potential risks that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent breakage and ensure trees show up during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any additional watering. However, depending on your local climate, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main things to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Garristown (Irish: Baile Gháire) is a village in north-west Fingal, Ireland. It is also a civil parish in the historic barony of Balrothery West.