When you’re looking for experienced Drumcondra tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Drumcondra. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Drumcondra Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Drumcondra and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Drumcondra.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Drumcondra, Tree Cutting Drumcondra and Tree Removal Drumcondra
- Stump Grinding Drumcondra and Stump Removal Drumcondra
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Drumcondra and Hedge Trimming Drumcondra
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Drumcondra and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Drumcondra and Management
- Tree Pollarding Drumcondra
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Drumcondra
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Drumcondra.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered given however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to take care of and their particular needs. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water required
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for possible dangers that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get laced.
- Yard equipment: don; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees normally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local environment, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Drumcondra (Irish: Droim Conrach, meaning “Conra’s Ridge”) is a residential area and inner suburb on the Northside of Dublin, Ireland. It is administered by Dublin City Council. The River Tolka and the Royal Canal flow through the area.