When you’re looking for experienced Athboy tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Athboy. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Athboy Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Athboy and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Athboy.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Athboy, Tree Cutting Athboy and Tree Removal Athboy
- Stump Grinding Athboy and Stump Removal Athboy
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Athboy and Hedge Trimming Athboy
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Athboy and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Athboy and Management
- Tree Pollarding Athboy
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Athboy
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Athboy.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be taken for approved but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re not sure about the sort of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for prospective risks that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and ensure trees are visible in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn equipment: don; t get lawn equipment near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally grow well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. However, depending on your regional climate, you might need to water your trees throughout extended periods of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Athboy (Irish: Baile Átha Buí, meaning “Town of the Yellow Ford”), is a small agricultural town located in County Meath. The town is located on the Yellow Ford River, in wooded country near the County Westmeath border.