When you’re looking for experienced Castleknock tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Castleknock. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Castleknock Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Castleknock and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Castleknock.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Castleknock, Tree Cutting Castleknock and Tree Removal Castleknock
- Stump Grinding Castleknock and Stump Removal Castleknock
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Castleknock and Hedge Trimming Castleknock
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Castleknock and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Castleknock and Management
- Tree Pollarding Castleknock
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Castleknock
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Castleknock.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered approved however extreme weather can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re uncertain about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for possible dangers that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees show up at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get laced.
- Lawn devices: wear; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees normally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any additional watering. However, depending upon your local climate, you might need to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Castleknock (Irish: Caisleán Cnucha is an affluent suburb located 8 km (5 mi) west of the centre of Dublin city, Ireland. It is centred on a village in Fingal.
In addition to the suburb, the name “Castleknock” also refers to older units of land division: a townland, a civil parish[4 2] and a barony.