When you’re looking for experienced Garristown tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Garristown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Garristown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Garristown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Garristown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Garristown, Tree Cutting Garristown and Tree Removal Garristown
- Stump Grinding Garristown and Stump Removal Garristown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Garristown and Hedge Trimming Garristown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Garristown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Garristown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Garristown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Garristown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Garristown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for given but intense weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to take care of and their specific requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and ensure trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get entwined.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees normally prosper well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. However, depending on your local climate, you might need to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Garristown (Irish: Baile Gháire) is a village in north-west Fingal, Ireland. It is also a civil parish in the historic barony of Balrothery West.