When you’re looking for experienced Booterstown tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Booterstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Booterstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Booterstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Booterstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Booterstown, Tree Cutting Booterstown and Tree Removal Booterstown
- Stump Grinding Booterstown and Stump Removal Booterstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Booterstown and Hedge Trimming Booterstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Booterstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Booterstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Booterstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Booterstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Booterstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be considered granted but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent diseases or weather damage.
One of the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for possible threats that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and make certain trees are visible during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the very same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Yard devices: wear; t get yard devices close to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees usually prosper well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any additional watering. However, depending upon your regional environment, you might have to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant lawn or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Booterstown (Irish: Baile an Bhóthair, meaning “town of the road”) is a coastal suburb of the city of Dublin in Ireland. It is also a townland and civil parish in the modern county of Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown. It is situated about 7 km (4.3 mi) south of Dublin city centre.