When you’re looking for experienced Robertstown tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Robertstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Robertstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Robertstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Robertstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Robertstown, Tree Cutting Robertstown and Tree Removal Robertstown
- Stump Grinding Robertstown and Stump Removal Robertstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Robertstown and Hedge Trimming Robertstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Robertstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Robertstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Robertstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Robertstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Robertstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for given however extreme weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you want to look after and their specific needs. If you’re unsure about the sort of tree you have, there are many resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to look out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Particular level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for possible dangers that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees are visible at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get entwined.
- Yard equipment: don; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees normally grow well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local climate, you may need to water your trees during extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ an expert. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Robertstown (Irish: Baile Riobaird) is a village situated on the banks of the Grand Canal in County Kildare, Ireland. It grew in importance on the arrival of the canal, at the highest level (85 metres (279 ft) above sea level) of which it lies, in 1784.