When you’re looking for experienced Robertstown tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Robertstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Robertstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Robertstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Robertstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Robertstown, Tree Cutting Robertstown and Tree Removal Robertstown
- Stump Grinding Robertstown and Stump Removal Robertstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Robertstown and Hedge Trimming Robertstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Robertstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Robertstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Robertstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Robertstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Robertstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given but intense weather condition can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent illness or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for prospective threats that might harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and make certain trees are visible in the evening.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the exact same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Lawn devices: wear; t get lawn equipment near to the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing moisture conditions and do not need any additional watering. However, depending on your regional climate, you may have to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make sure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Robertstown (Irish: Baile Riobaird) is a village situated on the banks of the Grand Canal in County Kildare, Ireland. It grew in importance on the arrival of the canal, at the highest level (85 metres (279 ft) above sea level) of which it lies, in 1784.