When you’re looking for experienced Rathnew tree surgeon, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Rathnew. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Rathnew Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Rathnew and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree surgeon that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Rathnew.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Rathnew, Tree Cutting Rathnew and Tree Removal Rathnew
- Stump Grinding Rathnew and Stump Removal Rathnew
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Rathnew and Hedge Trimming Rathnew
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Rathnew and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Rathnew and Management
- Tree Pollarding Rathnew
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Rathnew
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree surgeon consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Rathnew.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree surgeon services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted but extreme weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you wish to care for and their specific needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Quantity of water required
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for prospective dangers that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid breakage and make certain trees are visible during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the exact same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these do not directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get yard devices close to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any extra watering. However, depending upon your local climate, you may need to water your trees throughout extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve formerly written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Rathnew (Irish: Ráth Naoi, meaning “The Ring Fort of Naoi”) is a village in County Wicklow, Ireland. Located south of the capital Dublin along the M11 between Dublin and Wexford, it is close to the county town of Wicklow, which is situated 3 km (1.9 mi) to the east.