When you’re looking for experienced Swords tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Swords. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Swords Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Swords and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Swords.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Swords, Tree Cutting Swords and Tree Removal Swords
- Stump Grinding Swords and Stump Removal Swords
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Swords and Hedge Trimming Swords
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Swords and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Swords and Management
- Tree Pollarding Swords
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Swords
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Swords.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered approved but extreme weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to take care of and their specific needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Look out for prospective dangers that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and make sure trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the very same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these do not straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get laced.
- Yard devices: don; t get yard devices close to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally flourish well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending on your local climate, you may need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a crucial part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise remove low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover: