When you’re looking for experienced Foxrock tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Foxrock. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Foxrock Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Foxrock and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Foxrock.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Foxrock, Tree Cutting Foxrock and Tree Removal Foxrock
- Stump Grinding Foxrock and Stump Removal Foxrock
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Foxrock and Hedge Trimming Foxrock
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Foxrock and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Foxrock and Management
- Tree Pollarding Foxrock
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Foxrock
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Foxrock.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered given but intense weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and attempt to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you wish to look after and their specific requirements. If you’re uncertain about the kind of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for potential risks that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and make sure trees show up during the night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Yard devices: put on; t get yard equipment close to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees generally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and do not require any extra watering. However, depending on your regional climate, you might have to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire a professional. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise eliminate low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make sure your plants can flourish in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Foxrock (Irish: Carraig an tSionnaigh) is a suburb of Dublin, Ireland. It is within the county of Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, in the postal district of Dublin 18 and in the Roman Catholic parish of Foxrock.