When you’re looking for experienced Booterstown tree services, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Booterstown. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Booterstown Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Booterstown and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree services that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Booterstown.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Booterstown, Tree Cutting Booterstown and Tree Removal Booterstown
- Stump Grinding Booterstown and Stump Removal Booterstown
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Booterstown and Hedge Trimming Booterstown
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Booterstown and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Booterstown and Management
- Tree Pollarding Booterstown
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Booterstown
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree services consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Booterstown.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree services services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered approved but intense weather condition can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is discover the trees you want to care for and their particular needs. If you’re unsure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential threats that could harm tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and make sure trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the very same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, ensure these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get laced.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get lawn equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually thrive well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending on your local environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do have to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Booterstown (Irish: Baile an Bhóthair, meaning “town of the road”) is a coastal suburb of the city of Dublin in Ireland. It is also a townland and civil parish in the modern county of Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown. It is situated about 7 km (4.3 mi) south of Dublin city centre.