When you’re looking for experienced Stamullen tree removal, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Stamullen. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Stamullen Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Stamullen and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree removal that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Stamullen.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Stamullen, Tree Cutting Stamullen and Tree Removal Stamullen
- Stump Grinding Stamullen and Stump Removal Stamullen
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Stamullen and Hedge Trimming Stamullen
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Stamullen and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Stamullen and Management
- Tree Pollarding Stamullen
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Stamullen
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree removal consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Stamullen.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree removal services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Useful Links: Garden & Landscape Designers Association, The National Gardening Association, Royal Horticultural Society of Ireland.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for given but intense weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and try to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn about the trees you want to look after and their specific needs. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for potential threats that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid breakage and make certain trees show up at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the very same place can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard equipment: don; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can cause major damage to the bark.
Trees normally grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local climate, you might need to water your trees throughout extended periods of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t need any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also get rid of low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Stamullen (Irish: Steach Maoilín, meaning “Mullen’s house”) is a village in County Meath, Ireland on the border with County Dublin. It lies just off the M1 motorway some 35 km north of Dublin City and beside the Delvin River. In the late 1990s and early 21st century, it expanded significantly with the development of numerous housing estates in the area.