When you’re looking for experienced Lucan tree removal, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Lucan. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Lucan Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Lucan and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree removal that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Lucan.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Lucan, Tree Cutting Lucan and Tree Removal Lucan
- Stump Grinding Lucan and Stump Removal Lucan
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Lucan and Hedge Trimming Lucan
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Lucan and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Lucan and Management
- Tree Pollarding Lucan
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Lucan
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree removal consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Lucan.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree removal services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered approved however extreme weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to care for and their particular needs. If you’re not sure about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 pointers to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep taking in water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that protects the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for prospective dangers that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent damage and ensure trees show up during the night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the exact same location can cause damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches do not get braided.
- Yard devices: don; t get lawn equipment near to the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally grow well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire a professional. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also remove low branches for visual purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enhance the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Marcus Annaeus Lucanus (3 November 39 AD – 30 April 65 AD), better known in English as Lucan (), was a Roman poet, born in Corduba (modern-day Córdoba), in Hispania Baetica. He is regarded as one of the outstanding figures of the Imperial Latin period, known in particular for his epic Pharsalia. His youth and speed of composition set him apart from other poets.