When you’re looking for experienced Lucan tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Lucan. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Lucan Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Lucan and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Lucan.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Lucan, Tree Cutting Lucan and Tree Removal Lucan
- Stump Grinding Lucan and Stump Removal Lucan
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Lucan and Hedge Trimming Lucan
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Lucan and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Lucan and Management
- Tree Pollarding Lucan
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Lucan
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Lucan.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can typically be taken for approved however extreme weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent illness or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is discover the trees you want to look after and their specific requirements. If you’re uncertain about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main things to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Protecting the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for prospective risks that could damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Remove lower branches to prevent breakage and make certain trees show up at night.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same location can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can trigger severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically thrive well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. However, depending upon your local climate, you might have to water your trees during extended periods of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ an expert. The main points to watch out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise eliminate low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Marcus Annaeus Lucanus (3 November 39 AD – 30 April 65 AD), better known in English as Lucan (), was a Roman poet, born in Corduba (modern-day Córdoba), in Hispania Baetica. He is regarded as one of the outstanding figures of the Imperial Latin period, known in particular for his epic Pharsalia. His youth and speed of composition set him apart from other poets.