When you’re looking for experienced Coolboy tree pruning, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Coolboy. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Coolboy Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Coolboy and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree pruning that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Coolboy.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Coolboy, Tree Cutting Coolboy and Tree Removal Coolboy
- Stump Grinding Coolboy and Stump Removal Coolboy
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Coolboy and Hedge Trimming Coolboy
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Coolboy and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Coolboy and Management
- Tree Pollarding Coolboy
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Coolboy
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree pruning consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Coolboy.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree pruning services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted but extreme weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent illness or weather damage.
One of the first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to care for and their specific requirements. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil needed
- Amount of water needed
- Specific level of sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
Once you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Protect the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the location where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Watch out for possible threats that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and make certain trees show up at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively hits bark at the same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make certain these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get laced.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get lawn devices close to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees generally thrive well in existing wetness conditions and don’t need any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending on your regional environment, you may need to water your trees during extended periods of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly employ a professional. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can also remove low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Coolboy (Irish: Cúl Buí) is a village in County Wicklow in Ireland. It is located between Tinahely and Carnew, nestled in the middle of Holts Way, close to the scenic location of the Kilcavan Gap.