When you’re looking for experienced Terenure tree planting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Terenure. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Terenure Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Terenure and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree planting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Terenure.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Terenure, Tree Cutting Terenure and Tree Removal Terenure
- Stump Grinding Terenure and Stump Removal Terenure
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Terenure and Hedge Trimming Terenure
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Terenure and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Terenure and Management
- Tree Pollarding Terenure
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Terenure
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree planting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Terenure.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree planting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be taken for approved however extreme weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the first things you can do is learn more about the trees you want to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re not exactly sure about the sort of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil needed
- Quantity of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you know more about your trees, follow these 5 tips to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree up to where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for possible risks that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Eliminate lower branches to prevent breakage and make sure trees show up in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get yard equipment close to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees generally thrive well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional environment, you may have to water your trees throughout extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summertime, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller sized branch so the stronger one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are susceptible to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also get rid of low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant grass or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Terenure (Irish: Tír an Iúir, meaning “land of the yew tree”), originally called Roundtown, is a mainly residential suburb of Dublin, Ireland.