When you’re looking for experienced Darndale tree felling, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Darndale. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Darndale Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Darndale and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree felling that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Darndale.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Darndale, Tree Cutting Darndale and Tree Removal Darndale
- Stump Grinding Darndale and Stump Removal Darndale
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Darndale and Hedge Trimming Darndale
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Darndale and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Darndale and Management
- Tree Pollarding Darndale
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Darndale
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree felling consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Darndale.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree felling services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered approved however intense weather can take its toll. It is very important to keep trees healthy and aim to prevent illness or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is learn about the trees you wish to care for and their specific needs. If you’re not exactly sure about the type of tree you have, there are lots of resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the location where roots are more delicate. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Safeguard the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Keep an eye out for potential threats that could harm tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Remove lower branches to avoid damage and make sure trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same location can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these don’t directly strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get laced.
- Yard equipment: put on; t get yard equipment near the tree trunks as this can trigger serious damage to the bark.
Trees normally prosper well in existing wetness conditions and do not need any additional watering. However, depending on your local environment, you might have to water your trees throughout extended durations of drought. If you do need to water trees in the summer, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a frequent misting. In winter trees shouldn’t require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly hire a professional. The main things to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also get rid of low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 ways you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots don’t compete with the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Darndale (Irish: Darndál meaning ”daffodil”) is an area on the Northside of Dublin, in Ireland, featuring a high concentration of social housing. It is located in the north of the sprawling suburb of Coolock. Darndale lies within the Dublin 17 postal district.