When you’re looking for experienced Athboy tree felling, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Athboy. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Athboy Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Athboy and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree felling that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Athboy.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Athboy, Tree Cutting Athboy and Tree Removal Athboy
- Stump Grinding Athboy and Stump Removal Athboy
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Athboy and Hedge Trimming Athboy
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Athboy and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Athboy and Management
- Tree Pollarding Athboy
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Athboy
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree felling consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Athboy.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree felling services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered given however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is essential to keep trees healthy and try to avoid diseases or weather condition damage.
One of the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to take care of and their particular needs. If you’re uncertain about the type of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When looking into trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that secures the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for possible risks that might damage tree bark, consisting of:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid damage and make certain trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these do not directly hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get entwined.
- Lawn devices: put on; t get yard devices near to the tree trunks as this can trigger major damage to the bark.
Trees typically flourish well in existing moisture conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending upon your local environment, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summertime, an occasional deep watering is chosen to a regular misting. In winter trees should not need any watering.
We’ve previously blogged about pruning trees as it’s an essential part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always hire an expert. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: get rid of the smaller branch so the stronger one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can also get rid of low branches for aesthetic purposes.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Make certain your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Athboy (Irish: Baile Átha Buí, meaning “Town of the Yellow Ford”), is a small agricultural town located in County Meath. The town is located on the Yellow Ford River, in wooded country near the County Westmeath border.