When you’re looking for experienced Rathnew tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Rathnew. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Rathnew Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Rathnew and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Rathnew.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Rathnew, Tree Cutting Rathnew and Tree Removal Rathnew
- Stump Grinding Rathnew and Stump Removal Rathnew
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Rathnew and Hedge Trimming Rathnew
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Rathnew and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Rathnew and Management
- Tree Pollarding Rathnew
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Rathnew
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Rathnew.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered granted however intense weather can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and try to prevent diseases or weather damage.
Among the very first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to take care of and their specific needs. If you’re unsure about the kind of tree you have, there are numerous resources online to help you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When researching trees, the main points to keep an eye out for are:
- Type of soil required
- Amount of water needed
- Specific sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
As soon as you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 ideas to keep your trees resistant and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone however this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The secret is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Consider the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Securing the tree bark will avoid infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for prospective threats that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to prevent breakage and make certain trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that over and over again strikes bark at the exact same place can trigger damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make sure these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing against each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches do not get braided.
- Lawn equipment: don; t get yard devices near the tree trunks as this can cause serious damage to the bark.
Trees usually prosper well in existing moisture conditions and do not need any additional watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your regional climate, you might need to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly blogged about pruning trees as it’s an important part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can constantly work with an expert. The main things to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller sized branch so the more powerful one can grow without being damaged.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will help the tree recover.
Low branches: get rid of branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an effect). You can likewise get rid of low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are two methods you can make certain that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant yard or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant material will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make certain your plants can grow in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Rathnew (Irish: Ráth Naoi, meaning “The Ring Fort of Naoi”) is a village in County Wicklow, Ireland. Located south of the capital Dublin along the M11 between Dublin and Wexford, it is close to the county town of Wicklow, which is situated 3 km (1.9 mi) to the east.