When you’re looking for experienced Lucan tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Lucan. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Lucan Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Lucan and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Lucan.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Lucan, Tree Cutting Lucan and Tree Removal Lucan
- Stump Grinding Lucan and Stump Removal Lucan
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Lucan and Hedge Trimming Lucan
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Lucan and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Lucan and Management
- Tree Pollarding Lucan
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Lucan
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Lucan.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can frequently be considered given but intense weather can take its toll. It’s important to keep trees healthy and attempt to avoid illness or weather damage.
Among the first things you can do is find out about the trees you want to look after and their particular requirements. If you’re uncertain about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to look out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Quantity of water required
- Specific level of sensitivities (drought, water, wind, etc).
When you understand more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees resilient and healthy.
Safeguard the roots.
Concentrate on the zone around a tree as much as where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more delicate. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep absorbing water and oxygen.
Protect the bark.
Think about the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Safeguarding the tree bark will prevent infections, diseases or insect activity. Watch out for possible threats that could damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roadways or driveways can suffer hits from tall vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and make sure trees are visible in the evening.
- Sprinkler system: a spray of water that over and over again hits bark at the same location can trigger damage. If you utilize sprinklers to water your yard, make sure these do not straight hit trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can cause damage to the bark. Prune branches correctly so branches don’t get braided.
- Lawn equipment: wear; t get yard equipment close to the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees usually prosper well in existing moisture conditions and do not require any extra watering. Nevertheless, depending upon your local environment, you may have to water your trees during extended durations of dry spell. If you do need to water trees in the summer season, a periodic deep watering is preferred to a frequent misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve previously written about pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree upkeep. It’s something you can do yourself if you understand what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to keep an eye out for are:.
- Crossing branches: eliminate the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a tidy cut will help the tree heal.
Low branches: remove branches that are low and are prone to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise get rid of low branches for aesthetic functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can ensure that the soil around your tree is rich in nutrients.
- Use mulch. Spread out a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not need to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some type of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and enrich the soil. Make sure your plants can thrive in the shade and that their roots don’t take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Marcus Annaeus Lucanus (3 November 39 AD – 30 April 65 AD), better known in English as Lucan (), was a Roman poet, born in Corduba (modern-day Córdoba), in Hispania Baetica. He is regarded as one of the outstanding figures of the Imperial Latin period, known in particular for his epic Pharsalia. His youth and speed of composition set him apart from other poets.