When you’re looking for experienced Kilskeer tree cutting, look no further than Good Fellers Tree Services.
We provide a wide range of tree care services to private commercial clients throughout Kilskeer. With 14 years’ experience in arboriculture we possess the tools, skills and expertise needed to provide a first class tree care service. From tree pruning to felling to planting, the team are best-placed to meet your Kilskeer Tree Surgery needs.
Great Value for Money in Kilskeer and surround areas.
Good Fellers is a team of expert tree cutting that have a long history in providing an efficient and cost effective tree surgery service in Kilskeer.
We offer a full range of local tree care services from tree shaping to tree planting with all works certified to Irish Standards.
The scope of our services include
- Tree Felling Kilskeer, Tree Cutting Kilskeer and Tree Removal Kilskeer
- Stump Grinding Kilskeer and Stump Removal Kilskeer
- Tree Surveys and Reports
- Tree Pruning Kilskeer and Hedge Trimming Kilskeer
- Crown Lift, Crawn Reduction Kilskeer and Crawn Thinning
- Site Clearance Kilskeer and Management
- Tree Pollarding Kilskeer
- Ivy Removal
- Emergency Call Out Tree Service Kilskeer
- Tree Relocation and Reinstatement
- Protective Guards for Trees
- Japanese Knotweed Removal
- Supply and Planting of a variety of Trees and Hedges
- Split logs, fire wood, chip bark and mulch all supplied
- Climbers, Vines and Fruit Tree Pruning
- Supply of Railway Sleepers
In addition we offer a tree care consultancy that can help you with expert reports for mortgage or insurance companies and can help with applications to work on trees that have a Protected Tree Order (PTO).
We draw on the hands on experience and knowledge gained in over fifty years of arboriculture and use the latest equipment and techniques to provide a first class service at an affordable price to suit any budget.
Good Fellers tree cutting consistently gains top feedback from its clients in Kilskeer.
This is a result of the team’s ability to deliver a high-quality service that represents great value for money. We believe that our customers deserve the best service possible. However, we also believe that you shouldn’t have to pay over the odds for it. This is why we strive to keep our prices as affordable as possible. To learn more about Good Fellers tree cutting services or to discuss your needs with one of the friendly team contact us. Call us now.
Basic Tree Maintenance Tips
Trees can often be considered given however intense weather condition can take its toll. It is necessary to keep trees healthy and try to prevent diseases or weather condition damage.
Among the very first things you can do is discover the trees you want to care for and their particular requirements. If you’re unsure about the type of tree you have, there are many resources online to assist you, such as the Forestry Commission Tree Name Trail. When investigating trees, the main things to watch out for are:
- Kind of soil required
- Amount of water required
- Particular sensitivities (dry spell, water, wind, etc).
When you know more about your trees, follow these 5 suggestions to keep your trees durable and healthy.
Secure the roots.
Focus on the zone around a tree approximately where the branches extend. Roots can extend beyond this zone but this is the area where roots are more sensitive. The key is to make sure that the soil is not too compact so that roots can keep soaking up water and oxygen.
Secure the bark.
Think of the bark as an armour that safeguards the tree. Protecting the tree bark will prevent infections, illness or insect activity. Look out for possible threats that might damage tree bark, including:.
- Vehicles: trees near roads or driveways can suffer hits from high vehicles. Get rid of lower branches to avoid breakage and ensure trees are visible at night.
- Lawn sprinklers: a spray of water that repetitively strikes bark at the same place can cause damage. If you use sprinklers to water your lawn, make certain these don’t straight strike trees.
- Branches: branches rubbing versus each other can trigger damage to the bark. Prune branches properly so branches don’t get braided.
- Yard equipment: wear; t get lawn devices near the tree trunks as this can cause severe damage to the bark.
Trees typically prosper well in existing wetness conditions and don’t require any extra watering. However, depending on your regional environment, you might need to water your trees during extended periods of dry spell. If you do have to water trees in the summer season, an occasional deep watering is preferred to a regular misting. In winter season trees should not require any watering.
We’ve formerly discussed pruning trees as it’s a vital part of tree maintenance. It’s something you can do yourself if you know exactly what you are doing, otherwise you can always employ a professional. The main points to look out for are:.
- Crossing branches: remove the smaller branch so the more powerful one can grow without being harmed.
- Broken and dead branches: a clean cut will assist the tree recover.
Low branches: eliminate branches that are low and are vulnerable to damage (i.e. by an impact). You can likewise get rid of low branches for visual functions.
Keep soil healthy.
There are 2 methods you can make sure that the soil around your tree is abundant in nutrients.
- Usage mulch. Spread a layer of mulch around your tree, about 2 to 4 inches thick. The mulch does not have to touch the trunk.
- Plant turf or some kind of ground cover. Dead plant product will decay in the ground and improve the soil. Ensure your plants can prosper in the shade and that their roots do not take on the tree.
Nearby Areas That We Cover:
Kilskeer or Kilskyre is a townland and small village in County Meath, Ireland, 10 kilometres (6 miles) southwest of the town of Kells.
It is the birthplace of Brian O’Higgins, the revolutionary and poet who was president of Sinn Féin in the 1930s. Jim Connell, the political activist and writer of the socialist anthem “The Red Flag”, was born in the nearby townland of Rathniska.